Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Cake Therapy



Do you ever have one of those days where you just wake up feeling BLAH! That was me yesterday. It wasn't a lazy in bed all day feeling, just a "I really don't feel quite right" feeling. I cleaned, baked, took care of Sophia, yada yada yada. I was not getting any better. I read my scriptures then took a nice long wonderful bubble bath. That helped a lot. It probably washed away some of my blues. I was feeling better, but still something was just a little off. Later that night, as the streets filled with sparkling ice glitter, I drove to my friends house for a cake decorating class. After a near death experience I finally made it there. It was wonderfully therapeutic. The cake was no where near perfect, or even party worthy, but it was the medicine I needed. Now I have the cake deco bug! I keep of thinking of excuses just to make cakes. Super Bowl, Valentines, Happy Friday! There's only one problem. Who's going to eat them?

5 comments:

jeannie said...

Turned out great! Cake decorating does kind of give you a bug...I even want to start it back up! I guess I could decorate cup cakes and then freeze some, but that's not as much fun!

JSL, ABE&H said...

MMM that cake looks yummy, I would help you eat them but alas you are to far away. Just make them into a milkshake for lunch.

The Reimers Family said...

That's totally party quality!! I have always wanted take a class like that, what a great way to disperse some clouds and feel some happy creativity take over.

Gwen said...

Your cake is nicely decorated! ...and really even if it wasn't it's all about taste when you are eating it. Check out www.cakewrecks.com if you want to see some real disasters -- and these are by professional bakers!

Summer said...

Your cake looks great! I am going to the class tomorrow. I can't wait. I think cake decorating is so much fun! Hope mine looks as good as yours!