Monday, May 18, 2009

My First Mommy Day


I'm so behind in my posts, but for journaling purposes I need to write about these memories! We had a beautiful mother's day weekend. The morning started off with good morning kisses and cards from both of my sweethearts! No time for breakfast: 8:30 am church ensures no time for pancakes before. After a beautiful sacrament meeting we headed off to Jerad's mom's for lunch.

Sophia had fun kissing on baby Aubree and playing with Nanny and Grandad.

We then headed over to my Mimi and G-dad's! Sophia was the life of the party; babbling in her alien talk, clapping, and dancing. I'm waiting on pics from my dad so I can finally post a family pick. We haven't taken one since Christmas, and THAT one will never be posted!!!



On Saturday my mom, sister, and g-ma came over to visit. We had fun talking, laughing, and of course enjoying the Sophia show. It really is like this: "I want to come see Sophia today. If your there, that's great too." Babies bring so much joy to everyone. I could not have imagined how much I would love our little Sopapilla would bring to mine and Jerad's life, let alone everyone elses.

I've dreamed about being a mother since I was 16. I've written countless poems to my future children. I know it has been/will be difficult and a windy, bumpy road, but I LOVE it! The joy, laughter, and love are immeasurable! I can't wait to see what the future holds for our family. I want to soak it all up day by day. I am so grateful we can be together forever.

2 comments:

andi said...

Fun fun! She's such a cutie- and you make a great mom!

The Reimers Family said...

Your post totally made me tear up, you are such an inspiration and have a perfect attitude towards the beauty of being a mother.