Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Getting Crafty





Adjusting to motherhood has been an adventure! I always thought of myself as a natural at being a mother, even though there have been many prayers and tears in my journey thus far. Staying at home was a different adjustment and I didn't know if I was cut out for the housewife thing. There are so many things I am not a natural at and neither was my mom. I have had to actually learn new things and practice, which that is something I do love...learning new things. I love to bake, but am learning new things to cook. I love making things like tutus, bows, and other crafts for the house and Sophia! What I am still working on is how to scout out deals for groceries, etc. and manage a budget ( now that we are a one income household). I love to organize, but really don't know where to start! Sophia takes 1 hour naps max, so I don't have a lot of free time. I know with practice and time my capacity will increase, so for now I will admire those of yall who have been at this for a while!

4 comments:

The Reimers Family said...

Look how cute those are! Being a mother is definitely a sacrifice and a blessing all rolled up into one messy tortilla!

Summer said...

Those tutus are adorable!! I also love the wreath!! If I ever get a girl you will have to teach me how to make the tutu!! It is hard to be a mom...there are so many things to learn and there is always some sort of "adventure" and you get to figure out what to do.

JSL, ABE&H said...

Look at the craftster at work!

Little Lovables said...

Awe, the tutus are super cute, and so is your little girl, I love her name!

It is an adjustment staying at home, but worth it and things will fall into place. It's okay to have an outlet as well :)