Friday, June 19, 2009

Pittsbutg,TX Home of the Hot Link

Some of my favorite childhood memories are nestled between the towering pecan trees and running crawdad creeks of East Texas. Every summer I would map out my Papa's land. Me, my cousin, and some crazy chickens were pioneers on a trek across the great wilderness. Along the way we were met by water mocasins, rabid wild dogs, boars, and angry chickens! We would seek refuge in the tall oak trees and look out across our vast beautiful empire. When the sun blazed our backs we would dip our toes into the sparkling stock ponds; not too far, for fear of the mocasins kept us from breaking too many rules. So many adventures, so many memories.




In May we visited my papa in beautiful Pittsburg, TX. A birthday celebration with hotlinks, chocolate cake, and family.

1 comment:

The Reimers Family said...

What a lovely story full of descriptive memories. Is her hair getting red? It's so pretty!