Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Silver and Gold

"Make new friends but keep the old, some are silver and the others gold!"


May was a month of visits from friends of old and new. My friend Juliann, who I roomed with in college came down to Texas for a visit. I was fortunate enough to get to see her while she was here visiting family. Her family lives near Houston, so we met in Waco for some lunch. Sophia and Juliann's 4 month old baby boy, Kai, had fun talking to each other. Sophia cried most of the way there, but was as happy as a clam when we got out. When it was time to go home she was zonked from all of the play. It was so great to see my dear friend.


Around the same time some friends came to stay with us (well really with Sophia). We had so much fun with Nick and Maddie. Sophia LOVED them so! She laughed and giggled to her hearts content. She was so excited that she didn't take her naps and woke up at 5am to greet us in the mornings! Sophia and Nick had fun playing ball. Sophia really liked it when he would throw the very soft soccer ball in her face. What a weirdo!

We all had fun watching movies, making pizza, swimming, and playing games. It made me realize how busy your life gets as your kids get older. We had so much fun with these sweet, creative, funny kids!

1 comment:

The Reimers Family said...

I wish I had a friend with a matching stroller...lucky!!